Tuesday, October 18, 2011

HomeSweet Home

,They say home is where the heart is, and that speaks to one truth, but I think you can leave your heart in a new place and it becomes another home in your heart. This happened to us in Ecuador. It's such an untamed beauty. It makes me wonder what being "civilized" really means. These indigenous people farm vertically with oxen and a hand plow with the women following with the seed and they are some of the most civilized people I have ever known. It made me aware of how fearful we, as a society, have become. Very young children in the streets at night with the adult in a doorway and not visible.;They were safe, but filled me with fear. I have a new perspective on what is real and what is imagined. My hope is to be able to maintain that. I will get the pics up and running and take you on a trip to another world called La Mirage (so appropriately named)

No comments:

Post a Comment